No matter what level the golfer you are beginner or experienced, we get aske three of the same questions repeatedly
3) And of course how did I hit it longer?
One of the keys to accomplishing these goals is in your set up. Below is the sets every golfer needs to take to accomplish more success in meeting their goals to hitting straighter, longer and becoming more consistent.
The setup is the position taken before swinging the club. It is vital to ensuring proper contact, direction and power. Below is a procedure for getting into the proper setup.
1. Stand upright with the arms resting on your chest and the club pointing at your waist and knees locked.
2. The shaft should point just left of your navel. Your feet should be approximately shoulder width apart
3. From here unlock your knees and bend from waist until club rests on ground. Avoid squatting down at this point. The ball position should be in the center of your stance.
4. Your lower back should be straight, arms should hang down, and the club should be pointing towards your waist as above. Your weight should be distributed evenly between both feet with the weight on the balls of your feet.
5. To aim correctly you can set two clubs down on the ground parallel to each other (yellow lines); one along the feet and one along the ball/target line. Your feet, knees, hips, and shoulders should be parallel to these lines for proper aim.
We look forward to seeing you out at the course!