Update on our Operations and COVID-19 Protective Measures
At Reston National, the health and safety of our community, our neighbors and our guests is our top priority and we take the current public health situation surrounding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously. We are diligently following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and observing all directives issued by local, state and federal public health authorities. At the present time, Reston National remains open, with some significant changes to our operations to follow the guidance recommended by the CDC and health care professionals.
We are currently working to implement the following precautionary and protective measures, guided by the best practices and guidelines issued by the CDC:
- Surfaces and/or materials that golfers or employees may come into contact are cleaned, sanitized and disinfected multiple times a day, using products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against COVID-19
- JAN-PRO EnviroShield and Endure have been applied to the entire facility and cart fleet for guest and staff safety. For more information on this process, please visit this link
- All bathrooms are completely cleaned and disinfected four times per day
- All golf carts are disinfected after every round with soap and disinfectant
- All consumer facing employees are wearing protective gloves and face masks
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are stationed throughout the clubhouse and course
- All exterior doors are wrapped with BioShield
- Outdoor check-ins are available in order for golfers to avoid coming in the clubhouse if they choose
- Golfers are encouraged to make a tee time in advance; Walk-ups allowed on an availability basis
- Golfers who have not pre-paid are encouraged to call the golf shop from the parking lot to pay for the tee time and/or check-in
- The number of tee times are limited throughout the day to reduce bottlenecks on the course and strictly managed to eliminate any groups at the first tee
- Mats on the driving range have been re positioned to properly institute social distancing and separation between guests
- A “walkers” discount of $15 off of the 18 hole rates and $7 off of the 9 hole rates will be offered for those who walk the course
- Single carts are available upon request. Singles, or people not within the same group as another person, will be given a separate cart
- Flagsticks have a piece of foam in the cup to prohibit the ball from dropping; Putts have been holed when the foam is struck. Pins are not removed or handled at any time.
- Face masks must be worn inside the building at all times according the Governor Northram’s Executive Order #63. We encourage all guest to wear face masks when social distancing is temporarily disrupted
- Reston National Golf Course will close 45 minutes prior to sunset each day to allow the staff to properly disinfect.
As we are taking these precautionary measures, we are also asking and expecting our patrons to be responsible partners with us as well. We are requiring every golfer, employee and customer at Reston National to practice and maintain the recommended social distancing of six feet from another person. Anyone exhibiting the symptoms associated with COVID-19 will not be allowed on the property. While we are employing best practices and efforts to foster a positive golfing experience at Reston National, all guests and golfers on our property are making a personal choice to enter and play at the facilities, understanding that each individual is personally responsible for their own health and safety.
This is an evolving situation and we are staying in close contact with the Virginia Department of Health and other state officials as we go forward. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate these unprecedented times. With implementing these stringent protective and precautionary measures, we are hopeful that Reston National can continue to provide outdoor recreation and golf activities for your families and our community.
The Team at Reston National Golf Course
We appreciate the opportunity to give local residents an outlet to get fresh air and exercise in a safe environment. We pride ourselves in providing somewhere for our guests and employees to enjoy the game of golf, and we have opened with some very important changes designed to limit contact, transactions, and touch points to ensure everyone’s safety.
Please review these Frequently Asked Questions before calling the course.
Are you walking or riding?
We are requesting players in the same group pair up when possible. Single rider carts will only be allowed based on availability. If you are playing from the same household please ride together.
Single players paired in a group will have precedent for a single rider cart.
We are allowing walking tee times only 4 hours prior to sunset for 18 holes, 2.5 hours prior to sunset for 9 holes. Because we have effectively halved our cart fleet and the additional sensitization that each cart undergoes after use there may be a wait for riding tee times. Pull carts will also be available for rental.
Can I walk up and play?
We ask that all tee times be booked and paid for ahead of time. We are allowing walk-ups now that Virginia is in Phase 3. We are asking all guest to be mindful of others when waiting around. Please do not group together and socially distance between each other.
- In order to keep the number of patrons in the clubhouse to a minimum, please call the golf shop at 703.620.9333, book a tee time and pay via credit card.
If for any reason you cannot make your tee time, and you booked it through our website, please log in to the ONLINE BOOKING ENGINE to cancel and receive a refund. If you booked directly on GolfNow you will need to cancel on their website. If those options are not possible, or you run into an issue, please email us at email@example.com with the name, date and time of your reservation.
- The clubhouse is limited to 25 guests inside at a time. The restrooms have been converted to Single Occupancy restrooms to ensure social distancing. Please help up adhere to this for everyone’s safety
- Tee times have been spaced to 10 minutes apart, and the course has been set up to limit touch points wherever possible. Enhanced sanitation has been enacted on touch points we are not able to remove The cups have been set up to stop the balls from going entirely into the hole for touch-less retrieval.
- Face masks are required when inside the clubhouse, and you must follow all posted signage and staff directions.
Please arrive only 15-20 minutes early to avoid creating any large groups. Because we have effectively halved our cart fleet, plus the additional sanitation that each cart undergoes after use, there may be a wait for riding tee times.
The clubhouse is limited to 25 guests inside at a time – this includes use of the restrooms, and any purchases from the golf shop. Please check your temperature before leaving your house and stay home if you are sick. Social Distancing is practiced in all areas of our facility and should be practiced on the golf course as well. Do not share clubs and golf equipment with your playing partners or congregate with them in the parking lot before or after your round.
The clubhouse is limited to 25 guests inside at a time – this includes use of the restrooms.
- Merchandise is now available for purchase. We are enhancing our cleaning protocols to ensure both the guest and staff safety. The Café has re-open in a limited fashion with limited seating available in the clubhouse. We ask that you do not remove your mask unless you are seated while eating and drinking per VA Executive Order 63
- Alcohol will be available for purchase from the golf course, but you are NOT allowed to bring your own per the State’s liquor licensing laws.