Update on our Operations and COVID-19 Protective Measures
At Reston National, the health and safety of our community, our neighbors and our guests is our top priority and we take the current public health situation surrounding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously. We are diligently following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and observing all directives issued by local, state and federal public health authorities. At the present time, Reston National remains open, with some significant changes to our operations to follow the guidance recommended by the CDC and health care professionals.
We are currently working to implement the following precautionary and protective measures, guided by the best practices and guidelines issued by the CDC:
- Surfaces and/or materials that golfers or employees may come into contact are cleaned, sanitized and disinfected multiple times a day, using products that meet the EPA’s criteria for use against COVID-19
- All bathrooms are completely cleaned and disinfected four times per day
- All golf carts are power-washed and disinfected after every round with soap
- All consumer facing employees are wearing protective gloves
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are stationed throughout the clubhouse and course
- All exterior doors are kept open to reduce surface contact
- Cash payments are no longer accepted
- No more than 10 total people at a time, including guests and staff, can be in the club house at any point, with yellow tape marking a 6 feet distance
- Red and green lights are being installed into the clubhouse to better control the amount of people inside either checking in or using the restrooms at any given time
- Outdoor check-ins are available in order for golfers to avoid coming in the clubhouse if they choose
- Walk-up reservations are no longer accepted; all tee-times must be booked online
- Golfers who have not pre-paid are encouraged to call the golf shop from the parking lot to pay for the tee time and/or check-in
- All internal seating at the clubhouse has been removed
- All water fountains are marked as out of order and closed to use
- The number of tee times are limited throughout the day to reduce bottlenecks on the course and strictly managed to eliminate any groups at the first tee
- All prepared food services have been suspended, with only grab-and-go options offered
- Multiple mats on the driving range have been removed to properly institute social distancing and separation
- A “walkers” discount of $15 for 18 holes and $7 for 9 holes will be offered for those who walk the course
- Only family members of the same household or part of the same tee time reservation are permitted in carts together; no extra charge for anyone choosing to take their own individual cart
- Flagsticks have a piece of foam in the cup to prohibit the ball from dropping; Putts have been holed when the foam is struck. Pins are not removed or handled at any time.
As we are taking these precautionary measures, we are also asking and expecting our patrons to be responsible partners with us as well. We are requiring every golfer, employee and customer at Reston National to practice and maintain the recommended social distancing of six feet from another person. Anyone exhibiting the symptoms associated with COVID-19 will not be allowed on the property. While we are employing best practices and efforts to foster a positive golfing experience at Reston National, all guests and golfers on our property are making a personal choice to enter and play at the facilities, understanding that each individual is personally responsible for their own health and safety.
This is an evolving situation and we are staying in close contact with the Virginia Department of Health and other state officials as we go forward. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate these unprecedented times. With implementing these stringent protective and precautionary measures, we are hopeful that Reston National can continue to provide outdoor recreation and golf activities for your families and our community.
The Team at Reston National Golf Course
We appreciate the opportunity to give local residents an outlet to get fresh air and exercise in a safe environment. We pride ourselves in providing somewhere for our guests and employees to enjoy the game of golf, and we have opened with some very important changes designed to limit contact, transactions, and touch points to ensure everyone’s safety.
Please review these Frequently Asked Questions before calling the course.
Are you walking or riding?
We are allowing walking and single rider carts (members of the same household may share a cart). We are allowing walking tee times only 4 hours prior to sunset for 18 holes, 2.5 hours prior to sunset for 9 holes. Because we have effectively halved our cart fleet and the additional sensitization that each cart undergoes after use there may be a wait for riding tee times. Pull carts will also be available for rental.
Can I walk up and play?
We ask that all tee times be booked and paid for ahead of time. If you don’t have a tee time booked, you may not be allowed to play. We cannot have groups of people waiting for walk up play to be available.
- In order to keep the number of patrons in the clubhouse to a minimum, please call the golf shop at 703.620.9333, book a tee time and pay via credit card.
If for any reason you cannot make your tee time, and you booked it through our website, please log in to the ONLINE BOOKING ENGINE to cancel and receive a refund. If you booked directly on GolfNow you will need to cancel on their website. If those options are not possible, or you run into an issue, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name, date and time of your reservation.
- The clubhouse is limited to 10 guests inside at a time – this includes use of the restrooms.
- All purchases for range balls happen directly at the ball machine.
- Tee times have been spaced to 10 minutes apart, and the course has been set up to limit touch points by removing; port-a-johns, scorecards, bunker rakes, sand bottles, water coolers, ball washers, etc. The cups have been set up to stop the balls from going entirely into the hole for touchless retrieval.
- Face masks are required when inside the clubhouse, and you must follow all posted signage and staff directions.
Please arrive only 15-20 minutes early to avoid creating any large groups. Once at the course you may go to the starter to verify pre-payment and check in. Check in at pro shop for a key if riding. Otherwise, just go to the first tee. Because we have effectively halved our cart fleet, plus the additional sanitation that each cart undergoes after use, there may be a wait for riding tee times.
The clubhouse is limited to 10 guests inside at a time – this includes use of the restrooms, and any purchases from the golf shop. Please check your temperature before leaving your house and stay home if you are sick. Social Distancing is practiced in all areas of our facility and should be practiced on the golf course as well. Do not share clubs and golf equipment with your playing partners or congregate with them in the parking lot before or after your round.
The clubhouse is limited to 10 guests inside at a time – this includes use of the restrooms.
- The golf shop merchandise for sale is limited to just the essentials needed to play the game; balls, tees, gloves, etc. To go food, prepacked snacks and sealed non-alcoholic beverages will be available, but you are allowed to bring your own.
- Alcohol will be available for purchase from the golf course, but you are NOT allowed to bring your own per the State’s liquor licensing laws.